Agra industrialist shot dead on highway
Agra: An industrialist from Agra was shot dead by unidentified assailants who ambushed his car on the Agra-Jaipur highway, police said on Friday.
Manish Goyal was killed late Thursday while he was coming back from Alwar in Rajasthan, about 165 km from here, along with his father and a lawyer. About half-a-dozen assailants in a white car attacked them and shot the industrialist, Senior Superintendent of Police Subhash Chandra Dubey told a news agency.
The assailants stopped in front of the victim`s car. The occupants were pushed out, dragged and beaten up. When Manish resisted, he was shot in the chest, the victim`s father Anil Goyal told police.
He added that police helped in rushing Manish to hospital where doctors declared him dead.
He disclosed that they had gone to Alwar as a truck loaded with supplies from their factory in Agra had been intercepted by authorities due to some tax issues. The grieving father said they were being followed by assailants in the white car from a petrol pump near Fatehpur Sikri, some 40 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH