Agra industrialist shot dead on highway
Agra: An industrialist from Agra was shot dead by unidentified assailants who ambushed his car on the Agra-Jaipur highway, police said on Friday.
Manish Goyal was killed late Thursday while he was coming back from Alwar in Rajasthan, about 165 km from here, along with his father and a lawyer. About half-a-dozen assailants in a white car attacked them and shot the industrialist, Senior Superintendent of Police Subhash Chandra Dubey told a news agency.
The assailants stopped in front of the victim`s car. The occupants were pushed out, dragged and beaten up. When Manish resisted, he was shot in the chest, the victim`s father Anil Goyal told police.
He added that police helped in rushing Manish to hospital where doctors declared him dead.
He disclosed that they had gone to Alwar as a truck loaded with supplies from their factory in Agra had been intercepted by authorities due to some tax issues. The grieving father said they were being followed by assailants in the white car from a petrol pump near Fatehpur Sikri, some 40 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured