Akhilesh Yadav attacks Mayawati
Bahraich: Uttar Pradesh chief minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday said his government preferred using public money to bring smiles on faces of common people rather than waste it on lifeless memorials and parks.
Without naming anyone but in a clear dig at his predecessor and BSP chief Mayawati, Yadav said that "the SP government is more interested in using hard earned peoples` money on bringing smiles on the faces of people rather than on stone structures and memorials".
The chief minister, who was here to distribute cheques of unemployment and `kanya vidyadhan` schemes to 9,943 unemployed girls of Devi Patan division, said that soon an industrial policy would be brought so as to make jobs available to the youth of the state.
Ensuring that all schemes promised in the manifesto of the party would be implemented, Yadav said that soon the process of distribution of computer tablets and laptops would begin.
On the issue of law and order, the chief minister assured that all those taking law in their hands, however, influential they might be, would be punished and reiterated that the progress of the country is directly linked to that of UP.
Announcing development schemes for all four divisions, he said that Katarniyaghat wildlife region would be developed as a tourist spot and NH-28 linking state headquarters with Nepal would be four-laned.
He also promised 220 KVA power house for the district.
In the brief interaction with media, he said that support to the central government is only to keep a check on communal parties but his party was not with the UPA government on the issue of FDI in retail sector.
"We have not seen any benefit for farmers in areas where FDI has been allowed and FDI in retail would result in heavy losses for the small traders", he said, adding, corruption and inflation have seen a steep rise under the UPA government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!