Akhilesh Yadav blames previous govt for poor roads in UP
Agra: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday blamed the previous Mayawati government for the allegedly poor state of roads and electricity production in the state.
Speaking at the 125th anniversary celebrations of the Akhil Bhartiya Mathur Vaishya Mahasabha, he said his government was working for good roads linking various parts of the state and good power production and distribution, which were essential for economic growth.
"The Yamuna Expressway is in use. The Agra-Lucknow Expressway would come up soon, while work on the outer Ring Road in Agra would also begin," he said.
He said private enterprises would be roped in for expansion of road network in the state and more expressways would come up, but only with the consent of farmers who own the required land.
Some areas had been neglected by the previous government, but now attention was being paid to them in both power production and better roads, Yadav said.
Under the Vidya Dhan scheme, he said one lakh poor student had benefitted and girls` education was being given priority.
He said the state government would give assistance to Muslim girls who had passed high school exam.
Congratulating the Mahasabha on completing 125 years, he said his party was grateful to the business community for lending support. He said his government would provide all help for trade and industry to develop in the state.
UP Transport Minister Aridaman Singh and National General Secretary of the Samajwadi Party Ramjilal Suman were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan