Akhilesh Yadav blames previous govt for poor roads in UP
Agra: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday blamed the previous Mayawati government for the allegedly poor state of roads and electricity production in the state.
Speaking at the 125th anniversary celebrations of the Akhil Bhartiya Mathur Vaishya Mahasabha, he said his government was working for good roads linking various parts of the state and good power production and distribution, which were essential for economic growth.
"The Yamuna Expressway is in use. The Agra-Lucknow Expressway would come up soon, while work on the outer Ring Road in Agra would also begin," he said.
He said private enterprises would be roped in for expansion of road network in the state and more expressways would come up, but only with the consent of farmers who own the required land.
Some areas had been neglected by the previous government, but now attention was being paid to them in both power production and better roads, Yadav said.
Under the Vidya Dhan scheme, he said one lakh poor student had benefitted and girls` education was being given priority.
He said the state government would give assistance to Muslim girls who had passed high school exam.
Congratulating the Mahasabha on completing 125 years, he said his party was grateful to the business community for lending support. He said his government would provide all help for trade and industry to develop in the state.
UP Transport Minister Aridaman Singh and National General Secretary of the Samajwadi Party Ramjilal Suman were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Boyfriend material! Five signs that prove he is the ideal one for you
- WWE Monday Night Raw results (July 25, 2016): Finn Balor earns shot at WWE Universal Title
- Mercedes to have petrol variants across portfolio in India by September
- Opposition alleges use of coercion, threats in RS polls in Jharkhand
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video