Akhilesh Yadav slams UPA allies
Lucknow: In an apparent attack on the Congress-led UPA government, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday said while the Samajwadi Party was extending all cooperation to the Centre, some parties were indulging in dishonest politics.
"We have been supporting the UPA government. But there are some parties, which despite enjoying our cooperation, are indulging in dishonest politics," Akhilesh said, addressing a programme to mark the culmination of a cycle yatra.
Giving an example, the Chief Minister said, "In the 108 Samajwadi ambulance service... The UPA government wanted to remove the word `Samajwadi` and the Centre did not extend any help. But we refused to change our stand."
Akhilesh said the SP government never backtracked when it came to the welfare of the people and added, "We gave free land for AIIMS, which the Mayawati government did not do during their regime. In fact, we demanded three such facilities in the state."
Claiming SP`s contribution in the setting up of food processing unit, whose foundation was laid recently, the Chief Minister said, "During the previous regime, some officials, who did not know a bit about the technology, were more interested in tenders."
Many SP colleagues, who fought against the previous regime, feel the pain that the same officials were in the present government, he said, adding, "But it`s a compulsion, we have to get the work done."
In an apparent dig at the BJP and the Congress, he said some parties were making efforts to reach out to the youths and using social media for the purpose.
"But they forget that they are learning about the social media and we have grown up with it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah