Akhilesh Yadav slams UPA allies
Lucknow: In an apparent attack on the Congress-led UPA government, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday said while the Samajwadi Party was extending all cooperation to the Centre, some parties were indulging in dishonest politics.
"We have been supporting the UPA government. But there are some parties, which despite enjoying our cooperation, are indulging in dishonest politics," Akhilesh said, addressing a programme to mark the culmination of a cycle yatra.
Giving an example, the Chief Minister said, "In the 108 Samajwadi ambulance service... The UPA government wanted to remove the word `Samajwadi` and the Centre did not extend any help. But we refused to change our stand."
Akhilesh said the SP government never backtracked when it came to the welfare of the people and added, "We gave free land for AIIMS, which the Mayawati government did not do during their regime. In fact, we demanded three such facilities in the state."
Claiming SP`s contribution in the setting up of food processing unit, whose foundation was laid recently, the Chief Minister said, "During the previous regime, some officials, who did not know a bit about the technology, were more interested in tenders."
Many SP colleagues, who fought against the previous regime, feel the pain that the same officials were in the present government, he said, adding, "But it`s a compulsion, we have to get the work done."
In an apparent dig at the BJP and the Congress, he said some parties were making efforts to reach out to the youths and using social media for the purpose.
"But they forget that they are learning about the social media and we have grown up with it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened