`All Maya statues will be razed once SP in power’
Lucknow: BSP supremo Mayawati`s statues
would be pulled down after the Uttar Pradesh polls in the same
way as seen in the recent cases of "dictators" in foreign
countries, Samajwadi Party said on Sunday.
"In the recent times, uprising in some countries against
dictators saw their statues being pulled down...In 2012, the
day Samajwadi Party government comes to power there would be
no sign of the grand statues of Mayawati," state unit
president of Samajwadi Party, Akhilesh Yadav said.
Yadav, who is on Samajwadi Kranti Rath Yatra, was
speaking in Bundelkhand region.
A party release quoting Yadav here said stone statues and
memorials worth Rs 40,000 crore were installed in Lucknow in
the past four years of which around Rs 2,000 crore alone have
been spent on elephant statues (BSP party symbol).
Yadav exhorted people to vote for bringing a change in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price