`All Maya statues will be razed once SP in power’
Lucknow: BSP supremo Mayawati`s statues
would be pulled down after the Uttar Pradesh polls in the same
way as seen in the recent cases of "dictators" in foreign
countries, Samajwadi Party said on Sunday.
"In the recent times, uprising in some countries against
dictators saw their statues being pulled down...In 2012, the
day Samajwadi Party government comes to power there would be
no sign of the grand statues of Mayawati," state unit
president of Samajwadi Party, Akhilesh Yadav said.
Yadav, who is on Samajwadi Kranti Rath Yatra, was
speaking in Bundelkhand region.
A party release quoting Yadav here said stone statues and
memorials worth Rs 40,000 crore were installed in Lucknow in
the past four years of which around Rs 2,000 crore alone have
been spent on elephant statues (BSP party symbol).
Yadav exhorted people to vote for bringing a change in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?