`All Maya statues will be razed once SP in power’
Lucknow: BSP supremo Mayawati`s statues
would be pulled down after the Uttar Pradesh polls in the same
way as seen in the recent cases of "dictators" in foreign
countries, Samajwadi Party said on Sunday.
"In the recent times, uprising in some countries against
dictators saw their statues being pulled down...In 2012, the
day Samajwadi Party government comes to power there would be
no sign of the grand statues of Mayawati," state unit
president of Samajwadi Party, Akhilesh Yadav said.
Yadav, who is on Samajwadi Kranti Rath Yatra, was
speaking in Bundelkhand region.
A party release quoting Yadav here said stone statues and
memorials worth Rs 40,000 crore were installed in Lucknow in
the past four years of which around Rs 2,000 crore alone have
been spent on elephant statues (BSP party symbol).
Yadav exhorted people to vote for bringing a change in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter