`All Maya statues will be razed once SP in power’
Lucknow: BSP supremo Mayawati`s statues
would be pulled down after the Uttar Pradesh polls in the same
way as seen in the recent cases of "dictators" in foreign
countries, Samajwadi Party said on Sunday.
"In the recent times, uprising in some countries against
dictators saw their statues being pulled down...In 2012, the
day Samajwadi Party government comes to power there would be
no sign of the grand statues of Mayawati," state unit
president of Samajwadi Party, Akhilesh Yadav said.
Yadav, who is on Samajwadi Kranti Rath Yatra, was
speaking in Bundelkhand region.
A party release quoting Yadav here said stone statues and
memorials worth Rs 40,000 crore were installed in Lucknow in
the past four years of which around Rs 2,000 crore alone have
been spent on elephant statues (BSP party symbol).
Yadav exhorted people to vote for bringing a change in
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs