`All Maya statues will be razed once SP in power’
Lucknow: BSP supremo Mayawati`s statues
would be pulled down after the Uttar Pradesh polls in the same
way as seen in the recent cases of "dictators" in foreign
countries, Samajwadi Party said on Sunday.
"In the recent times, uprising in some countries against
dictators saw their statues being pulled down...In 2012, the
day Samajwadi Party government comes to power there would be
no sign of the grand statues of Mayawati," state unit
president of Samajwadi Party, Akhilesh Yadav said.
Yadav, who is on Samajwadi Kranti Rath Yatra, was
speaking in Bundelkhand region.
A party release quoting Yadav here said stone statues and
memorials worth Rs 40,000 crore were installed in Lucknow in
the past four years of which around Rs 2,000 crore alone have
been spent on elephant statues (BSP party symbol).
Yadav exhorted people to vote for bringing a change in
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Shocking: Malaika Arora no more a 'Khan' after separation from husband Arbaaz?
- NSA Doval involved in toppling Arunachal, Uttarakhand govts: Kishore Upadhyay
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 32: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Kings XI Punjab — As it happened...
- Non-veg food banned in Lucknow University campus, students term the decision as 'anti-Dalit'
- When Sachin Tendulkar's run-out against Pakistan triggered huge riot