Alld HC grants bail to SP leader Akshay Pratap Singh
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Wednesday
granted bail to Samajwadi Party leader and member of Uttar
Pradesh Legislative Council Akshay Pratap Singh in a case
under the stringent Gangster Act.
Justice Vikram Nath passed the order on the bail
application filed by Singh, who is also an ex-MP from
Pratapgarh Lok Sabha constituency and a cousin of
controversial Independent MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh.
The Uttar Pradesh government had slapped Gangster Act on
Singh, Raghuraj Singh and some of their associates on January
They had been arrested on December 19, 2009 following a
complaint made by supporters of the ruling BSP wherein they
had been accused of attempting to kill a candidate during the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees