Alld HC grants bail to SP leader Akshay Pratap Singh
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Wednesday
granted bail to Samajwadi Party leader and member of Uttar
Pradesh Legislative Council Akshay Pratap Singh in a case
under the stringent Gangster Act.
Justice Vikram Nath passed the order on the bail
application filed by Singh, who is also an ex-MP from
Pratapgarh Lok Sabha constituency and a cousin of
controversial Independent MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh.
The Uttar Pradesh government had slapped Gangster Act on
Singh, Raghuraj Singh and some of their associates on January
They had been arrested on December 19, 2009 following a
complaint made by supporters of the ruling BSP wherein they
had been accused of attempting to kill a candidate during the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Sanam Teri Kasam movie review: Intense and emotional