Alld HC grants bail to SP leader Akshay Pratap Singh
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Wednesday
granted bail to Samajwadi Party leader and member of Uttar
Pradesh Legislative Council Akshay Pratap Singh in a case
under the stringent Gangster Act.
Justice Vikram Nath passed the order on the bail
application filed by Singh, who is also an ex-MP from
Pratapgarh Lok Sabha constituency and a cousin of
controversial Independent MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh.
The Uttar Pradesh government had slapped Gangster Act on
Singh, Raghuraj Singh and some of their associates on January
They had been arrested on December 19, 2009 following a
complaint made by supporters of the ruling BSP wherein they
had been accused of attempting to kill a candidate during the
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley
- VVIP chopper scam: No deal inked with AgustaWestland, says Govt
- When Pranab rubbed nose with Maori chief
- Indian Premier League, Match 26: Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders - As it happened...
- Investigative agencies have ability to find money trail: Jayant Sinha