Alld HC grants bail to SP leader Akshay Pratap Singh
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Wednesday
granted bail to Samajwadi Party leader and member of Uttar
Pradesh Legislative Council Akshay Pratap Singh in a case
under the stringent Gangster Act.
Justice Vikram Nath passed the order on the bail
application filed by Singh, who is also an ex-MP from
Pratapgarh Lok Sabha constituency and a cousin of
controversial Independent MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh.
The Uttar Pradesh government had slapped Gangster Act on
Singh, Raghuraj Singh and some of their associates on January
They had been arrested on December 19, 2009 following a
complaint made by supporters of the ruling BSP wherein they
had been accused of attempting to kill a candidate during the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir