AMU junior doctors go on indefinite strike
Aligarh: Junior doctors at the Dr Ziauddin
Dental College, Aligarh Muslim University, have gone on an
indefinite strike demanding an increase in the number of Post
Graduate seats in the college.
The Resident Doctor`s Association at the Jawaharlal Nehru
Medical College has also supported the strike.
The demands by the junior doctors include "non-academic
Junior Residentship Policy" as followed by the Maulana Azad
Dental College at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New
Hundreds of patients at the Out Patient Department (OPD)
were affected by today`s strike.
"The junior doctors have been forced to take the extreme
measure as they were "terribly understaffed and overworked,"
Dr Shahzad Alam, President of the Resident Doctors`
Association (RDA), J N Medical College said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre