AMU junior doctors go on indefinite strike
Aligarh: Junior doctors at the Dr Ziauddin
Dental College, Aligarh Muslim University, have gone on an
indefinite strike demanding an increase in the number of Post
Graduate seats in the college.
The Resident Doctor`s Association at the Jawaharlal Nehru
Medical College has also supported the strike.
The demands by the junior doctors include "non-academic
Junior Residentship Policy" as followed by the Maulana Azad
Dental College at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New
Hundreds of patients at the Out Patient Department (OPD)
were affected by today`s strike.
"The junior doctors have been forced to take the extreme
measure as they were "terribly understaffed and overworked,"
Dr Shahzad Alam, President of the Resident Doctors`
Association (RDA), J N Medical College said.
- This is why government unable to ink Rafale fighter jet deal!
- Parliament panel set to recommend Vijay Mallya's expulsion from Rajya Sabha
- Nirbhaya-like rape in Kerala: NHRC issues notice to state govt
- Delhi to observe mandatory summer vacation with effect from May 11
- Karnataka Chemistry paper leak: Alleged kingpin held