AMU junior doctors go on indefinite strike
Aligarh: Junior doctors at the Dr Ziauddin
Dental College, Aligarh Muslim University, have gone on an
indefinite strike demanding an increase in the number of Post
Graduate seats in the college.
The Resident Doctor`s Association at the Jawaharlal Nehru
Medical College has also supported the strike.
The demands by the junior doctors include "non-academic
Junior Residentship Policy" as followed by the Maulana Azad
Dental College at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New
Hundreds of patients at the Out Patient Department (OPD)
were affected by today`s strike.
"The junior doctors have been forced to take the extreme
measure as they were "terribly understaffed and overworked,"
Dr Shahzad Alam, President of the Resident Doctors`
Association (RDA), J N Medical College said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday