AMU students enter Guinness Book of World Records
Aligarh: Students of the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) have entered into the Guinness Book of World Records for making the world`s largest paper envelope.
The 39ft x 27ft envelop was made in a period of ten days last month by a group of 24 students belonging to the faculties of Fine Arts, Engineering, Architecture and Law, a varsity official said.
The envelope is addressed to the United Nation Peacekeeping Operation and carries a message for world peace and brotherhood.
The message on the envelope carries the signature of more than ten thousand youngsters, the AMU spokesperson said.
A copy of the Guinness certificate was released to reporters by a senior varsity official on Thursday.
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the record for the largest envelope till now was held by a UK-based organisation Stanley Gibbons Co. That envelope, also made by a group of students, was 32ft x 23ft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal