AMU students enter Guinness Book of World Records
Aligarh: Students of the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) have entered into the Guinness Book of World Records for making the world`s largest paper envelope.
The 39ft x 27ft envelop was made in a period of ten days last month by a group of 24 students belonging to the faculties of Fine Arts, Engineering, Architecture and Law, a varsity official said.
The envelope is addressed to the United Nation Peacekeeping Operation and carries a message for world peace and brotherhood.
The message on the envelope carries the signature of more than ten thousand youngsters, the AMU spokesperson said.
A copy of the Guinness certificate was released to reporters by a senior varsity official on Thursday.
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the record for the largest envelope till now was held by a UK-based organisation Stanley Gibbons Co. That envelope, also made by a group of students, was 32ft x 23ft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar's family files FIR against Mayawati after BSP rampage
- West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2: As it happened...
- LIVE STREAMING: West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2
- ISRO to launch weather satellite next month
- WATCH: Mohammad Amir dismisses England's Alex Hales with an absolute peach of a delivery