AMU students enter Guinness Book of World Records
Aligarh: Students of the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) have entered into the Guinness Book of World Records for making the world`s largest paper envelope.
The 39ft x 27ft envelop was made in a period of ten days last month by a group of 24 students belonging to the faculties of Fine Arts, Engineering, Architecture and Law, a varsity official said.
The envelope is addressed to the United Nation Peacekeeping Operation and carries a message for world peace and brotherhood.
The message on the envelope carries the signature of more than ten thousand youngsters, the AMU spokesperson said.
A copy of the Guinness certificate was released to reporters by a senior varsity official on Thursday.
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the record for the largest envelope till now was held by a UK-based organisation Stanley Gibbons Co. That envelope, also made by a group of students, was 32ft x 23ft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair