AMU students enter Guinness Book of World Records
Aligarh: Students of the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) have entered into the Guinness Book of World Records for making the world`s largest paper envelope.
The 39ft x 27ft envelop was made in a period of ten days last month by a group of 24 students belonging to the faculties of Fine Arts, Engineering, Architecture and Law, a varsity official said.
The envelope is addressed to the United Nation Peacekeeping Operation and carries a message for world peace and brotherhood.
The message on the envelope carries the signature of more than ten thousand youngsters, the AMU spokesperson said.
A copy of the Guinness certificate was released to reporters by a senior varsity official on Thursday.
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the record for the largest envelope till now was held by a UK-based organisation Stanley Gibbons Co. That envelope, also made by a group of students, was 32ft x 23ft.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list