AMU suspends Students` Union vice president
Aligarh (UP): Vice President of AMU Students` Union has been suspended from the university campus, official sources said on Tuesday.
Taushif Alam was suspended last night, according to a notification issued by the Registrar, Group Captain (retired) Shahrukh Shamshad.
Vice President Alam was issued a written warning on Feb 28 last for indulging in unlawful activity and indiscipline by occupying the Principal`s office of Jawaharlal Nehru Medical college on Mar 9 and misbehaving with him.
Meanwhile, leaders of the Students Union today sat on the dharna demanding relaxation of 75 per cent attendance limit and revocation of suspension of the vice president.
They said that they would intensify their stir if their demands were not met.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress