Attempt to create tension in Muzaffarnagar: Mulayam Singh
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav Wednesday said there was a deliberate attempt to create communal tension in Uttar Pradesh`s Muzaffarnagar district.
"There was a deliberate attempt to create tension in Uttar Pradesh. We are together trying to fight these evils," said Mulayam Singh, while speaking at a Left-sponsored convention here.
Yadav said attempt must be made to defeat the communal forces. "Now that 17 secular parties are coming together, we will defeat the communal forces," he said.
Riots in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in August-September left 62 people dead and rendered 43,000 homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog