Babri anniversary: security stepped up in UP
Lucknow: Security has been stepped up across
the state on Babri mosque demolition anniversary on Tuesday to
check any untoward incident, official sources said.
Besides sensitive locations in Ayodhya like the Ram
Janmabhoomi-Babri mosque, security has been tightened on ghats
and temples in Varanasi and other vital installations across
the state, they said.
"Directives have been issued to increase vigil over
public places like market areas, railways and bus stations
across the state. Surprise checking of hotels, guest houses
and lodges has been ordered," the officer said.
Security agencies have also been directed to keep an eye
on the movement of vehicles in districts bordering Nepal.
Special arrangements have been made around jails, where
terror accused are lodged, Additional Director General, Law
and Order, Subesh Kumar Singh said.
According to ADG Railways A K Jain, security has been
enhanced at railway stations and random checking of luggage
has been initiated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?