Babri anniversary: security stepped up in UP
Lucknow: Security has been stepped up across
the state on Babri mosque demolition anniversary on Tuesday to
check any untoward incident, official sources said.
Besides sensitive locations in Ayodhya like the Ram
Janmabhoomi-Babri mosque, security has been tightened on ghats
and temples in Varanasi and other vital installations across
the state, they said.
"Directives have been issued to increase vigil over
public places like market areas, railways and bus stations
across the state. Surprise checking of hotels, guest houses
and lodges has been ordered," the officer said.
Security agencies have also been directed to keep an eye
on the movement of vehicles in districts bordering Nepal.
Special arrangements have been made around jails, where
terror accused are lodged, Additional Director General, Law
and Order, Subesh Kumar Singh said.
According to ADG Railways A K Jain, security has been
enhanced at railway stations and random checking of luggage
has been initiated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH