Babu Singh Kushwaha hospitalised
Lucknow: Former minister and an accused in the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam Babu Singh Kushwaha, who is currently lodged in Ghaziabad jail, has been admitted to Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute (SGPGI) hospital here.
On recommendations of Chief Medical Officer, Ghaziabad, Kushwaha was admitted to SGPGI yesterday, Special Secretary Home, Arun Mishra told reporters here.
He, however, did not disclose the nature of Kushwaha`s illness.
Kushwaha`s wife Shivkanya and brother Shivsharan had on July 13 joined Samajwadi Party and his admission in SGPGI here is seen by opposition parties as an attempt to "please" him.
One of BSP leader Mayawati`s most trusted "backroom boys", Kushwaha was a senior member in her cabinet, but was forced to resign after being implicated in the murder of two Chief Medical officers BP Singh and VK Arya, which blew the lid off the NRHM scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months