Babu Singh Kushwaha hospitalised
Lucknow: Former minister and an accused in the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam Babu Singh Kushwaha, who is currently lodged in Ghaziabad jail, has been admitted to Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute (SGPGI) hospital here.
On recommendations of Chief Medical Officer, Ghaziabad, Kushwaha was admitted to SGPGI yesterday, Special Secretary Home, Arun Mishra told reporters here.
He, however, did not disclose the nature of Kushwaha`s illness.
Kushwaha`s wife Shivkanya and brother Shivsharan had on July 13 joined Samajwadi Party and his admission in SGPGI here is seen by opposition parties as an attempt to "please" him.
One of BSP leader Mayawati`s most trusted "backroom boys", Kushwaha was a senior member in her cabinet, but was forced to resign after being implicated in the murder of two Chief Medical officers BP Singh and VK Arya, which blew the lid off the NRHM scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj