Babu Singh Kushwaha hospitalised
Lucknow: Former minister and an accused in the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam Babu Singh Kushwaha, who is currently lodged in Ghaziabad jail, has been admitted to Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute (SGPGI) hospital here.
On recommendations of Chief Medical Officer, Ghaziabad, Kushwaha was admitted to SGPGI yesterday, Special Secretary Home, Arun Mishra told reporters here.
He, however, did not disclose the nature of Kushwaha`s illness.
Kushwaha`s wife Shivkanya and brother Shivsharan had on July 13 joined Samajwadi Party and his admission in SGPGI here is seen by opposition parties as an attempt to "please" him.
One of BSP leader Mayawati`s most trusted "backroom boys", Kushwaha was a senior member in her cabinet, but was forced to resign after being implicated in the murder of two Chief Medical officers BP Singh and VK Arya, which blew the lid off the NRHM scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch