Bank employee held for raping colleague on pretext of marriage
Ghaziabad: A deputy manager of a private bank here was arrested on Thursday on charges of raping his colleague for past five years on the pretext of marrying her, police said.
The victim (in her 30`s), working as a customer care officer in the bank has accused deputy manager Balwant Singh Negi of sexually exploiting her for past five years, SP (City) Shiv Shanker Yadav said.
The victim, a Govindpuram resident, has claimed the accused, a resident of Garhwal in Uttarakhand, had married her in the presence of her family members in a temple at Modinagar area and assured her of registering their marriage later.
She has also claimed that Negi is going to marry another girl from Garhwal on April 29.
The accused, however, has denied all allegations and said he does not know the woman.
Police has registered a case of rape against the manager under various sections of IPC.
The victim claims that despite approaching the police on several occasions, the officials did not respond to her. Only when she warned of protest, the police took action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Renault Kwid (1.0-litre) SCe vs Maruti Alto K10 vs Hyundai Eon 1.0-litre - Spec Comparison
- Here's everything you want to know about Yo Yo Honey Singh's upcoming song!
- No respite from flood situation in UP, Bihar; schools closed in Allahabad, Varanasi
- India's private airlines request govt to allow them skip Pakistani airspace
- Actor-politician Ramya says 'Pakistan not hell', faces sedition charge