Bank employee held for raping colleague on pretext of marriage
Ghaziabad: A deputy manager of a private bank here was arrested on Thursday on charges of raping his colleague for past five years on the pretext of marrying her, police said.
The victim (in her 30`s), working as a customer care officer in the bank has accused deputy manager Balwant Singh Negi of sexually exploiting her for past five years, SP (City) Shiv Shanker Yadav said.
The victim, a Govindpuram resident, has claimed the accused, a resident of Garhwal in Uttarakhand, had married her in the presence of her family members in a temple at Modinagar area and assured her of registering their marriage later.
She has also claimed that Negi is going to marry another girl from Garhwal on April 29.
The accused, however, has denied all allegations and said he does not know the woman.
Police has registered a case of rape against the manager under various sections of IPC.
The victim claims that despite approaching the police on several occasions, the officials did not respond to her. Only when she warned of protest, the police took action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Scientists produce rare wood bison calves through IVF
- Munich pulls together after shopping mall shooting
- West Indies legend Vivian Richards hails Virat Kohli's 'magnificent' innings
- Indian aid worker Judith D'Souza rescued from captors in Afghanistan returns home
- 80 killed, over 200 injured in twin suicide bomb attacks on Kabul protesters; Islamic State claims responsibility