Basera gang-rape: Case registered against 60 people
Muzaffarnagar: A case has been registered against 60 people, naming six persons, for blocking the Basera-Bhokaheri road here, according to police.
They were protesting the conviction of fourteen accused in the Basera gang-rape case and blocked the road for around half an hour yesterday, police said.
A local court on February 11 gave life term to five of the fourteen convicted in the abduction and rape of a minor in Basera village in 2003.
Rest of the eight accused, including three women, were sentenced to jail terms ranging from one year to seven years.
The five main accused were held guilty of gang-rape while the rest of abduction and other charges.
According to the prosecution, a 15-year-old girl was gang-raped at Basera village in the district on October 9, 2003 after her brother eloped with a girl belonging to a different community.
Chargesheet was submitted against 16 persons, out of which two were declared juvenile.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!