Basera gang-rape: Case registered against 60 people
Muzaffarnagar: A case has been registered against 60 people, naming six persons, for blocking the Basera-Bhokaheri road here, according to police.
They were protesting the conviction of fourteen accused in the Basera gang-rape case and blocked the road for around half an hour yesterday, police said.
A local court on February 11 gave life term to five of the fourteen convicted in the abduction and rape of a minor in Basera village in 2003.
Rest of the eight accused, including three women, were sentenced to jail terms ranging from one year to seven years.
The five main accused were held guilty of gang-rape while the rest of abduction and other charges.
According to the prosecution, a 15-year-old girl was gang-raped at Basera village in the district on October 9, 2003 after her brother eloped with a girl belonging to a different community.
Chargesheet was submitted against 16 persons, out of which two were declared juvenile.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand