Bid to set girl on fire on moving bus in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Three youths on Tuesday allegedly tried to set a school girl on fire on a moving bus after she resisted their molestation bid in Muradnagar area here.
The girl, a student of 12th standard, was returning home from her school in a private bus when the youths started molesting her, police said.
"When the bus reached Muradnagar area the three youths suddenly started molesting the girl. After some time, the girl mustered courage and slapped one of the youths," a senior police said.
One of the accused, who was carrying petrol in a bottle, poured it on her and tried to set her ablaze, the officer said.
However, the bus passengers overpowered the youths. Later, two accused gave a slip to the crowd while one of them was handed over to police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- I see every day as a new day: Virat Kohli on his dream run
- Facebook's new ad cookies targets everyone!
- After its cheapest ride offer, Ola now launches luxury rides
- Narsingh Yadav selection over Sushil Kumar for 2016 Rio Olympics was fair: WFI tells HC
- B-schools not doing enough to bridge skills gap: Survey