Bid to set girl on fire on moving bus in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Three youths on Tuesday allegedly tried to set a school girl on fire on a moving bus after she resisted their molestation bid in Muradnagar area here.
The girl, a student of 12th standard, was returning home from her school in a private bus when the youths started molesting her, police said.
"When the bus reached Muradnagar area the three youths suddenly started molesting the girl. After some time, the girl mustered courage and slapped one of the youths," a senior police said.
One of the accused, who was carrying petrol in a bottle, poured it on her and tried to set her ablaze, the officer said.
However, the bus passengers overpowered the youths. Later, two accused gave a slip to the crowd while one of them was handed over to police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam