BJP brain-storming meet on in Agra
Agra: A two-day brain-storming session of the Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) began here Sunday with top leaders expected to draw up a roadmap and action strategy for 2014 Lok Sabha elections and deliberate on the implications of Team Anna floating a political party.
The "Chintan Baithak" at the Agrasen Sewa Sadan is being attended by more than 100 party leaders including Murli Manohar Joshi, Rajnath Singh, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, and Surya Pratap Shahi.
"The meeting is in progress and the final outcome would be communicated to the media Monday evening," BJP`s Uttar Pradesh president Laxmi Kant Vajpayee told IANS
Meanwhile, Naqvi told media persons Sunday that there were no differences in the BJP and before long, the National Democratic Alliance would decide who would lead it in the Lok Sabha elections.
A party source said BJP president Nitin Gadkari and Sushma Swaraj will address the sessions Monday.
Buoyed by the recent local bodies results in Uttar Pradesh, the BJP is focusing on consolidating the gains. The party has already decided to finalise Lok Sabha election candidates much in advance so as to allow them time to plan and contact their constituents.
The Agra conclave, party sources indicated, had acquired a degree of importance and urgency in the aftermath of Anna Team`s announcement of entering the electoral fray.
Political observers feel that the Anna-supported candidates could dent the BJPs vote bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday