BJP brain-storming meet on in Agra
Agra: A two-day brain-storming session of the Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) began here Sunday with top leaders expected to draw up a roadmap and action strategy for 2014 Lok Sabha elections and deliberate on the implications of Team Anna floating a political party.
The "Chintan Baithak" at the Agrasen Sewa Sadan is being attended by more than 100 party leaders including Murli Manohar Joshi, Rajnath Singh, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, and Surya Pratap Shahi.
"The meeting is in progress and the final outcome would be communicated to the media Monday evening," BJP`s Uttar Pradesh president Laxmi Kant Vajpayee told IANS
Meanwhile, Naqvi told media persons Sunday that there were no differences in the BJP and before long, the National Democratic Alliance would decide who would lead it in the Lok Sabha elections.
A party source said BJP president Nitin Gadkari and Sushma Swaraj will address the sessions Monday.
Buoyed by the recent local bodies results in Uttar Pradesh, the BJP is focusing on consolidating the gains. The party has already decided to finalise Lok Sabha election candidates much in advance so as to allow them time to plan and contact their constituents.
The Agra conclave, party sources indicated, had acquired a degree of importance and urgency in the aftermath of Anna Team`s announcement of entering the electoral fray.
Political observers feel that the Anna-supported candidates could dent the BJPs vote bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof