BJP demands President’s rule in Uttar Pradesh
Guwahati: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Wednesday demanded imposition of President`s Rule in Uttar Pradesh in view of the communal clashes in Muzaffarnagar.
"Consisering the situation, there seems to be no option but to impose President`s Rule in Uttar Pradesh", Singh said.
"The Government of India must intervene and start strict proceedings against the Samajwadi Party-led government in U P. Action should be taken based on the facts of a TV channel`s sting operation yesterday on the communal clashes in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas", he said.
"If no action is taken against the Samajwadi Party government there, then people will be compelled to believe that there is a nexus between Congress and SP in the communal clashes", the BJP chief said.
"There are communal feelings...Through divide and rule policy Congress wants to remain in power", Singh said.
The communal clashes in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas recently claimed 47 lives and displaced over 40,000 people.
Singh is in Guwahati to discuss with BJP`s Northeast leaders the strategy and agenda for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 9: This Video reveals how well does Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma know his team-mates!
- Indian small cars to benefit from Sri Lanka import duty changes
- Pakistan bans contraceptive advertisements on TV, radio
- Janet Yellen says Fed rate hike likely appropriate in coming months
- Nico Hulkenberg, Sergio Perez provide qualifying boost for Force India