BJP demands prolonging of winter session of UP Assembly
Lucknow: BJP members Monday submitted a memorandum to the UP Assembly speaker Mata Prasad Pandey for prolonging the ongoing winter session of the House in order to discuss various burning issues in the state.
The BJP members, led by their leader in the Assembly Hukum Singh also held dharna in the House after it was adjourned for the day following continued din over law and order situation and delay in announcing sugarcane support price and ended it only on the assurance of the Speaker and Parliamentary Affairs minister Azam Khan.
When contacted, state unit president Laxmi Kant Bajpai, also an MLA, said that there are several burning issues which cannot be taken up in the brief four day session and his party has submitted a memorandum to press for its demand.
Bajpai said that the Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, who was present in the speaker`s chamber when the memorandum was submitted, also agreed to his party`s viewpoint.
Bajpai said that his party wanted either to hold the session for a long time or else take up all burning issues like law and order and other problems keeping government business aside.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!