BJP discusses Lok Sabha poll strategy
Lucknow: BJP on Wednesday discussed its strategy for the Lok Sabha elections and reviewed preparations in Uttar Pradesh at a meeting of state office bearers here and decided to expedite the process of shortlisting candidates.
"During the meeting chaired by state party chief Laxmi Kant Bajpai it was decided to constitute election and disciplinary action committees and distribute work amongst office bearers," BJP chief spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said.
He said it was decided to complete the task of constituting organisational units up to booth level by April 30. It was also decided to observe Dr Ambedkar`s anniversary on April 14 as social harmony day in all districts, he said.
In May, under `Gaon Chalo, Gali Chalo` campaign the party would create public awareness about work done by NDA and BJP governments in other states.
He said the party has decided to expedite the process of selection of probable candidates for Lok Sabha elections.
Bajpai has decided to constitute 23 teams which would elicit views of workers and inform the state leadership about candidates for Lok Sabha polls.
Pathak said that to train party workers ahead of the Lok Sabha elections and to inform them about policies and principles of the party, it was decided that a training camp of 200 workers would be organised.
The spokesman said that in July the party would organise workers` convention in all the 80 Lok Sabha constituencies in Uttar Pradesh.
He said that on April 12 a kisan rally would be held at Nakud in Saharanpur which would be addressed by BJP national president Rajnath Singh. This would be followed by rallies at Devchara village in Bareilly on May 1 and Lakhimpur on May 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list