‘BJP dwarfed tall leaders in UP by roping in Uma`
Lakhimpur: Seeking to drive a wedge between
BJP leaders in Uttar Pradesh, Congress general secretary
Digvijay Singh on Tuesday said roping in Uma Bharti amounted to
dwarfing stalwarts like Rajnath Singh, Kalraj Mishra and Vinay
"Sidelining these leaders, BJP brought in UP a leader who
had boycotted the party meeting misbehaving with Advaniji; who
quit the party; who is accused in Babri Mosque demolition
case," the Congress leader said.
BJP has said that the former Madhya Pradesh chief minister
will contest from the Charkhari constituency in UP`s Mahoba
district, sparking speculation that the OBC leader may be
projected as the chief ministerial candidate.
Attacking Bharti, Singh said, "A leader, who lost even her
security during election in her home constituency (in Madhya
Pradesh), has now been brought to UP to boost BJP."
He said Rajnath Singh deserved sympathy as he could not
secure party ticket even for his son despite being former BJP
national president and when efforts were made to nominate his
son as general secretary, there was uproar in the party.
Accusing the BJP of disrupting the communal harmony, Singh
alleged that the party`s politics began and ended with
Addressing an election meeting at Shankarpur crossing
under the Mohammadi Assembly constituency to campaign for
party candidates Ashfaq Ulla Khan from Mohammadi and Banshi
Dhar Raj from Kasta, Singh alleged that, "RSS activists
indulged in terrorist activities whether be it Mecca Mecca
Masjid bombing or Malegaon blast."
Accusing the SP of having sympathy for RSS, he said,
"After a thorough research, I have come to the conclusion that
SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav has not uttered a single word
against the RSS."
Terming Yadav as an opportunist, the Congress leader
alleged that he (Mulayam) keeps a door open to grab power even
with the support of BJP.
Singh demanded a CBI probe into the alleged suicide by
Sunil Verma, a key accused in the multi-crore NRHM scam in UP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what