BJP expresses shock at rape victim being still behind bars
New Delhi: BJP on Friday expressed shock at the
way Uttar Pradesh administration had handled the rape of a
Dalit girl involving a BSP MLA but hoped that the state
government headed by a woman would respond soon and the victim
would be released from prison.
"The poor girl is still languishing in prison even
after arrest orders have been issued against the person who
allegedly raped that child. We are shocked at the judicial
system, policing system in UP," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap
The Rajya Sabha MP said the state, ruled by a woman
chief minister, would hopefully take action at the earliest.
"I am sure the government will respond immediately,
especially a lady Chief Minister would listen to the appeal
at the reckless attitude of her government and find a solution
that the victim gets back her the dignity. She is released and
gets justice too," Rudy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'