BJP expresses shock at rape victim being still behind bars
New Delhi: BJP on Friday expressed shock at the
way Uttar Pradesh administration had handled the rape of a
Dalit girl involving a BSP MLA but hoped that the state
government headed by a woman would respond soon and the victim
would be released from prison.
"The poor girl is still languishing in prison even
after arrest orders have been issued against the person who
allegedly raped that child. We are shocked at the judicial
system, policing system in UP," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap
The Rajya Sabha MP said the state, ruled by a woman
chief minister, would hopefully take action at the earliest.
"I am sure the government will respond immediately,
especially a lady Chief Minister would listen to the appeal
at the reckless attitude of her government and find a solution
that the victim gets back her the dignity. She is released and
gets justice too," Rudy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch