BJP leader`s minor daughter abducted, watchman burnt to death in UP
Mathura: Minor daughter of a local BJP leader was allegedly kidnapped from her house here by unidentified men, who also set ablaze the watchman on duty, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place last night when few miscreants barged in at a residential school run by BJP leader Heera Singh at Borfa village here, SSP Gulab Singh said.
The miscreants started beating the watchman, Rajveer and then set him ablaze following which he died on the spot. They then abducted one of the three daughters of Heera Singh, 11-year-old Devki, from their house in the school campus, he said.
When the incident took place, the BJP leader was at his another residence on Maholi road here. He has denied of having enmity with any body, said police.
The watchman`s body has been sent for post-mortem but the reason behind the incident would be ascertained only after further investigation, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof