BKU demands withdrawal of toll on DND flyway
Noida: BKU on Tuesday forcefully occupied Noida toll plaza of DND (Delhi-Noida-Delhi) Flyway and allowed vehicles to ply without paying the toll for around 20 minutes, to protest the levy of toll on users of the flyway.
City Magistrate Sanjay Chauhan pacified the Bhartiya Kisan Union members and urged them to withdraw their protest, following which they vacated the toll plaza.
Heavy police force was deployed to prevent any untoward incident in view of the protest.
"We have given ultimatum till Wednesday afternoon to roll back the toll rates, otherwise we will again hold dharna and make movement toll free," Ajay Pal Sharma, representative of BKU said.
Meanwhile, Federation of Noida Residents Welfare Association has postponed their demonstration to April 9.
FONRWA has written to UP Chief Minister to take over the DND Flyway by making onetime payment to the developer and make it toll free.
FONRWA representatives said their petition against the DND flyway was pending in the high court and the company has hiked the toll rates, which was unjustified.
"We have given ultimatum till April 8 to Noida Toll Bridge Company Limited to roll back the hiked toll rates, otherwise we will hold demonstration on April 9 and make it toll free. Next hearing at court is fixed for April 8," N P Singh, president of FONRWA said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday