BKU demands withdrawal of toll on DND flyway
Noida: BKU on Tuesday forcefully occupied Noida toll plaza of DND (Delhi-Noida-Delhi) Flyway and allowed vehicles to ply without paying the toll for around 20 minutes, to protest the levy of toll on users of the flyway.
City Magistrate Sanjay Chauhan pacified the Bhartiya Kisan Union members and urged them to withdraw their protest, following which they vacated the toll plaza.
Heavy police force was deployed to prevent any untoward incident in view of the protest.
"We have given ultimatum till Wednesday afternoon to roll back the toll rates, otherwise we will again hold dharna and make movement toll free," Ajay Pal Sharma, representative of BKU said.
Meanwhile, Federation of Noida Residents Welfare Association has postponed their demonstration to April 9.
FONRWA has written to UP Chief Minister to take over the DND Flyway by making onetime payment to the developer and make it toll free.
FONRWA representatives said their petition against the DND flyway was pending in the high court and the company has hiked the toll rates, which was unjustified.
"We have given ultimatum till April 8 to Noida Toll Bridge Company Limited to roll back the hiked toll rates, otherwise we will hold demonstration on April 9 and make it toll free. Next hearing at court is fixed for April 8," N P Singh, president of FONRWA said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note