Nine pilgrims killed, 23 injured in UP road accident
Sonebhadra (UP): Nine pilgrims, including six women, were killed and 23 injured when a tractor-trolley in which they were travelling to a temple overturned in Chopan area here on Tuesday.
The victims were heading towards the Amela Dham Devi temple to offer prayers when the trolley got detached from the tractor and overturned, ADM Manilal Yadav said.
All the nine worshippers, including six women and two children, died on the spot, he said.
The injured were admitted to the district hospital where condition of 11 of them is stated to be serious, the ADM said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media