Nine pilgrims killed, 23 injured in UP road accident
Sonebhadra (UP): Nine pilgrims, including six women, were killed and 23 injured when a tractor-trolley in which they were travelling to a temple overturned in Chopan area here on Tuesday.
The victims were heading towards the Amela Dham Devi temple to offer prayers when the trolley got detached from the tractor and overturned, ADM Manilal Yadav said.
All the nine worshippers, including six women and two children, died on the spot, he said.
The injured were admitted to the district hospital where condition of 11 of them is stated to be serious, the ADM said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan