Bodies of four missing Dalits found in UP field
Lucknow: The bodies of four Dalit farmers, missing since April 30, were found on Wednesday in a field in Uttar Pradesh`s Moradabad district, police said.
The bodies of Jasbeer, Vijay, Manoj and Suraj, who went missing from their homes in Pakwada, were found following leads provided by Anees, a suspect arrested on Tuesday. He also told police that he had buried them in a field in Asmauli area in Moradabad, about 330 km from here, after killing them.
Superintendent of Police Nilabjo Chowdhary told a news agency the families of the four feared they were kidnapped when they had gone to work in their fields.
Senior Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader Naseemuddin Siddiqui visited the village on May 06 after the four Dalit farmers went missing and assured their families he would take up the matter with the government.
The four families were staging a sit-in in the area since the four men`s disappearance. Personnel of the Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) were deployed in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!