Bodies of four missing Dalits found in UP field
Lucknow: The bodies of four Dalit farmers, missing since April 30, were found on Wednesday in a field in Uttar Pradesh`s Moradabad district, police said.
The bodies of Jasbeer, Vijay, Manoj and Suraj, who went missing from their homes in Pakwada, were found following leads provided by Anees, a suspect arrested on Tuesday. He also told police that he had buried them in a field in Asmauli area in Moradabad, about 330 km from here, after killing them.
Superintendent of Police Nilabjo Chowdhary told a news agency the families of the four feared they were kidnapped when they had gone to work in their fields.
Senior Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader Naseemuddin Siddiqui visited the village on May 06 after the four Dalit farmers went missing and assured their families he would take up the matter with the government.
The four families were staging a sit-in in the area since the four men`s disappearance. Personnel of the Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) were deployed in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar