Bodies of four missing Dalits found in UP field
Lucknow: The bodies of four Dalit farmers, missing since April 30, were found on Wednesday in a field in Uttar Pradesh`s Moradabad district, police said.
The bodies of Jasbeer, Vijay, Manoj and Suraj, who went missing from their homes in Pakwada, were found following leads provided by Anees, a suspect arrested on Tuesday. He also told police that he had buried them in a field in Asmauli area in Moradabad, about 330 km from here, after killing them.
Superintendent of Police Nilabjo Chowdhary told a news agency the families of the four feared they were kidnapped when they had gone to work in their fields.
Senior Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader Naseemuddin Siddiqui visited the village on May 06 after the four Dalit farmers went missing and assured their families he would take up the matter with the government.
The four families were staging a sit-in in the area since the four men`s disappearance. Personnel of the Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) were deployed in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok