Bodies of four missing Dalits found in UP field
Lucknow: The bodies of four Dalit farmers, missing since April 30, were found on Wednesday in a field in Uttar Pradesh`s Moradabad district, police said.
The bodies of Jasbeer, Vijay, Manoj and Suraj, who went missing from their homes in Pakwada, were found following leads provided by Anees, a suspect arrested on Tuesday. He also told police that he had buried them in a field in Asmauli area in Moradabad, about 330 km from here, after killing them.
Superintendent of Police Nilabjo Chowdhary told a news agency the families of the four feared they were kidnapped when they had gone to work in their fields.
Senior Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader Naseemuddin Siddiqui visited the village on May 06 after the four Dalit farmers went missing and assured their families he would take up the matter with the government.
The four families were staging a sit-in in the area since the four men`s disappearance. Personnel of the Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) were deployed in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi