BSP ministers may land up in jail: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: Amidst reports of the state`s vigilance department seeking permission for further action against former BSP ministers, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said some more ministers of the previous regime could land in jail.
"Some ministers of the Mayawati Government are in jail and some more can go there...action will be taken on some more ministers who are accused of wrongdoings," Yadav said to queries over vigilance department seeking permission for filing FIR against five and chargesheet against three others.
"How many ministers of the previous government will go to jail cannot be spelt out as of now," he said in reply to another question.
According to official sources, the vigilance department has sought permission from the government to file chargesheets against three former ministers of the BSP government - Rangnath Misra, Avadhpal and Badshah Singh - on various charges, including those under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
The department has also sought permission to lodge cases and conduct probe against five other former ministers - Chandra Dev, Naseemuddin Siddiqui, Ramvir Upadhyay, Rakesh Dhar Tripathi and Babu Singh Kushwaha.
The vigilance department has already lodged a case against another former minister Ram Achal Rajbhar. Lokayukta NK Mehrotra had investigated the charges against these ministers and found these prima facie correct. In his report to the Chief Minister, Mehrotra had recommended a formal investigation by the vigilance department and other agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad