Brother kills sister for `honour` in Meerut
Meerut: In yet another case of honour killing, a brother allegedly shot dead his sister here for
eloping with her lover.
Kausar (21), daughter of Haroon, was in love with a youth in Haara village in the district here. She ran away with the youth on January two, but returned the next day under family pressure.
Kausar was shot dead last night by her brother Shaukeen, DIG Prem Prakash said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem and a search is on to arrest the absconding brother and other family members, he said. A case of murder has also been registered, he added.
Earlier, on January one, a couple Sarita and Devendra were shot at by the girl`s family members in Maithana village.
The boy died on the spot, while the girl was admitted to a hospital in a critical condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic