Brother kills sister for `honour` in Meerut
Meerut: In yet another case of honour killing, a brother allegedly shot dead his sister here for
eloping with her lover.
Kausar (21), daughter of Haroon, was in love with a youth in Haara village in the district here. She ran away with the youth on January two, but returned the next day under family pressure.
Kausar was shot dead last night by her brother Shaukeen, DIG Prem Prakash said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem and a search is on to arrest the absconding brother and other family members, he said. A case of murder has also been registered, he added.
Earlier, on January one, a couple Sarita and Devendra were shot at by the girl`s family members in Maithana village.
The boy died on the spot, while the girl was admitted to a hospital in a critical condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Superstar Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' hits screens; fans disappointed as tickets sold out
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup