Brothers of minor rape victim harassed, inspector transferred
Bulandshahar: Three brothers of the minor rape victim here, who was put behind bars by cops after she approached them to file a complaint, were allegedly harassed by the police following which an inspector has been transferred.
Three sons of Shyamlal, father of the 10-year-old rape victim from Meerpur village, were harassed by the police four days ago following which the family lodged a complaint, SSP Gulab Singh said yesterday.
Inspector KN Mishra of Kotwali area has been sent to police lines yesterday, Singh said.
The minor, who was allegedly raped by a man on April 7, had approached a Mahila Thana here along with her parents the next day to lodge a complaint, but the police instead kept her in the lock-up for several hours.
After media highlighted the incident, the Supreme Court took suo motu cognisance of the news report and issued a notice to the UP government seeking an explanation.
The station officer and a sub-inspector of the Mahila Thana in Bulandshahr, where the minor rape victim was detained for several hours, were suspended, while an FIR was registered against unidentified policemen for illegal confinement.
The accused, Harinder (35) was also arrested by the police from Bulandshahr Roadways depot when he was trying to flee the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore