BSP expels jailed leader
Gorakhpur: A local BSP leader, arrested after altercation with police, has been expelled by the party here.
Vinod Upadhyaya was expelled from BSP yesterday,
Minister for Rural Development Daddu Prasad said, adding the
party has no place for persons with dubious character or
having criminal antecedents.
Upadhyaya had forcibly taken away his younger brother,
who was arrested by police after he had a clash with a man,
from a lock-up in Kauwabagh police post on May 4.
Police had later arrested the leader and booked him
under various sections of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam