BSP expels jailed leader
Gorakhpur: A local BSP leader, arrested after altercation with police, has been expelled by the party here.
Vinod Upadhyaya was expelled from BSP yesterday,
Minister for Rural Development Daddu Prasad said, adding the
party has no place for persons with dubious character or
having criminal antecedents.
Upadhyaya had forcibly taken away his younger brother,
who was arrested by police after he had a clash with a man,
from a lock-up in Kauwabagh police post on May 4.
Police had later arrested the leader and booked him
under various sections of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials