BSP expels jailed leader
Gorakhpur: A local BSP leader, arrested after altercation with police, has been expelled by the party here.
Vinod Upadhyaya was expelled from BSP yesterday,
Minister for Rural Development Daddu Prasad said, adding the
party has no place for persons with dubious character or
having criminal antecedents.
Upadhyaya had forcibly taken away his younger brother,
who was arrested by police after he had a clash with a man,
from a lock-up in Kauwabagh police post on May 4.
Police had later arrested the leader and booked him
under various sections of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof