BSP MLA claims threat to life from land mafia
Lucknow: BSP member from Baghpat Assembly constituency, Lokesh Dixit on Thursday told the Assembly that he was facing a threat to his life from land mafia and demanded an extra gunner in his security.
Stating that he had received a threatening phone call recently, Dixit claimed land mafia was targeting him for opposing encroachment on a pond and a graveyard in his constituency.
He requested the government to provide him with an extra gunner, and said an extra gunner provided to him earlier had been withdrawn.
Parliamentary affairs minister Azam Khan, while citing the rule made by the previous BSP government of only one gunner to be provided to legislators, asked why an exception should be made for Dixit.
Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey, however, asked the government to consider the BSP MLA`s demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail