BSP MLA claims threat to life from land mafia
Lucknow: BSP member from Baghpat Assembly constituency, Lokesh Dixit on Thursday told the Assembly that he was facing a threat to his life from land mafia and demanded an extra gunner in his security.
Stating that he had received a threatening phone call recently, Dixit claimed land mafia was targeting him for opposing encroachment on a pond and a graveyard in his constituency.
He requested the government to provide him with an extra gunner, and said an extra gunner provided to him earlier had been withdrawn.
Parliamentary affairs minister Azam Khan, while citing the rule made by the previous BSP government of only one gunner to be provided to legislators, asked why an exception should be made for Dixit.
Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey, however, asked the government to consider the BSP MLA`s demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!