BSP MLA claims threat to life from land mafia
Lucknow: BSP member from Baghpat Assembly constituency, Lokesh Dixit on Thursday told the Assembly that he was facing a threat to his life from land mafia and demanded an extra gunner in his security.
Stating that he had received a threatening phone call recently, Dixit claimed land mafia was targeting him for opposing encroachment on a pond and a graveyard in his constituency.
He requested the government to provide him with an extra gunner, and said an extra gunner provided to him earlier had been withdrawn.
Parliamentary affairs minister Azam Khan, while citing the rule made by the previous BSP government of only one gunner to be provided to legislators, asked why an exception should be made for Dixit.
Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey, however, asked the government to consider the BSP MLA`s demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test