BSP MLA claims threat to life from land mafia
Lucknow: BSP member from Baghpat Assembly constituency, Lokesh Dixit on Thursday told the Assembly that he was facing a threat to his life from land mafia and demanded an extra gunner in his security.
Stating that he had received a threatening phone call recently, Dixit claimed land mafia was targeting him for opposing encroachment on a pond and a graveyard in his constituency.
He requested the government to provide him with an extra gunner, and said an extra gunner provided to him earlier had been withdrawn.
Parliamentary affairs minister Azam Khan, while citing the rule made by the previous BSP government of only one gunner to be provided to legislators, asked why an exception should be made for Dixit.
Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey, however, asked the government to consider the BSP MLA`s demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi