UP: Congress accuses SP of misleading Muslim community
Lucknow: Accusing the Uttar Pradesh government of misleading the Muslims, the Congress on Thursday alleged that the Samajwadi Party had made unreal promises to the community before the Assembly polls, which it is now finding difficult to fulfill.
Party`s state spokesperson Maroof Khan said that during campaigning, SP had made promises like taking steps to get "innocent" Muslim people facing terror charges out of jail, besides a quota of 18 per cent for the community.
The promises, however, remain far from reality and the government is now finding it impossible to fulfill them, Khan claimed.
The party is not only "misleading" and "emotionally exploiting" the community, but is also giving communal forces a chance to get strengthened, Khan claimed.
He alleged that the SP neither wanted to get innocent Muslims free, nor it wanted to punish the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday