UP: Congress accuses SP of misleading Muslim community
Lucknow: Accusing the Uttar Pradesh government of misleading the Muslims, the Congress on Thursday alleged that the Samajwadi Party had made unreal promises to the community before the Assembly polls, which it is now finding difficult to fulfill.
Party`s state spokesperson Maroof Khan said that during campaigning, SP had made promises like taking steps to get "innocent" Muslim people facing terror charges out of jail, besides a quota of 18 per cent for the community.
The promises, however, remain far from reality and the government is now finding it impossible to fulfill them, Khan claimed.
The party is not only "misleading" and "emotionally exploiting" the community, but is also giving communal forces a chance to get strengthened, Khan claimed.
He alleged that the SP neither wanted to get innocent Muslims free, nor it wanted to punish the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him