UP: Congress accuses SP of misleading Muslim community
Lucknow: Accusing the Uttar Pradesh government of misleading the Muslims, the Congress on Thursday alleged that the Samajwadi Party had made unreal promises to the community before the Assembly polls, which it is now finding difficult to fulfill.
Party`s state spokesperson Maroof Khan said that during campaigning, SP had made promises like taking steps to get "innocent" Muslim people facing terror charges out of jail, besides a quota of 18 per cent for the community.
The promises, however, remain far from reality and the government is now finding it impossible to fulfill them, Khan claimed.
The party is not only "misleading" and "emotionally exploiting" the community, but is also giving communal forces a chance to get strengthened, Khan claimed.
He alleged that the SP neither wanted to get innocent Muslims free, nor it wanted to punish the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Sushma Swaraj in Myanmar; to hold talks with Suu Kyi
- Mohan Bhagwat's comments on Hindu population are 'outdated': Shiv Sena
- Wow! Google Duo now available in India to make free video calls
- In Goa, Arvind Kejriwal says AAP has no money to fight elections
- Turkish soldier killed in clash with Kurdish militants - security sources