UP: Congress accuses SP of misleading Muslim community
Lucknow: Accusing the Uttar Pradesh government of misleading the Muslims, the Congress on Thursday alleged that the Samajwadi Party had made unreal promises to the community before the Assembly polls, which it is now finding difficult to fulfill.
Party`s state spokesperson Maroof Khan said that during campaigning, SP had made promises like taking steps to get "innocent" Muslim people facing terror charges out of jail, besides a quota of 18 per cent for the community.
The promises, however, remain far from reality and the government is now finding it impossible to fulfill them, Khan claimed.
The party is not only "misleading" and "emotionally exploiting" the community, but is also giving communal forces a chance to get strengthened, Khan claimed.
He alleged that the SP neither wanted to get innocent Muslims free, nor it wanted to punish the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler