UP: Congress accuses SP of misleading Muslim community
Lucknow: Accusing the Uttar Pradesh government of misleading the Muslims, the Congress on Thursday alleged that the Samajwadi Party had made unreal promises to the community before the Assembly polls, which it is now finding difficult to fulfill.
Party`s state spokesperson Maroof Khan said that during campaigning, SP had made promises like taking steps to get "innocent" Muslim people facing terror charges out of jail, besides a quota of 18 per cent for the community.
The promises, however, remain far from reality and the government is now finding it impossible to fulfill them, Khan claimed.
The party is not only "misleading" and "emotionally exploiting" the community, but is also giving communal forces a chance to get strengthened, Khan claimed.
He alleged that the SP neither wanted to get innocent Muslims free, nor it wanted to punish the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees