Bus plunges into river in UP’s Varanasi district; 10 killed
Varanasi: As many as 14 people were on Saturday
killed and nine others injured when a bus fell into a river
near Kalikadham village here, police said.
The bus carrying 24 passengers fell into the Varuna
river after hitting the railing along the river, District
Collector Ravindra said.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati has announced an
ex-gratia of Rs one lakh to the kin of each of those killed.
She also announced free treatment for the injured in
All the injured have been admitted to a hospital and
the condition of four patients is critical, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened