Bus plunges into river in UP’s Varanasi district; 10 killed
Varanasi: As many as 14 people were on Saturday
killed and nine others injured when a bus fell into a river
near Kalikadham village here, police said.
The bus carrying 24 passengers fell into the Varuna
river after hitting the railing along the river, District
Collector Ravindra said.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati has announced an
ex-gratia of Rs one lakh to the kin of each of those killed.
She also announced free treatment for the injured in
All the injured have been admitted to a hospital and
the condition of four patients is critical, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick