Bus plunges into river in UP’s Varanasi district; 10 killed
Varanasi: As many as 14 people were on Saturday
killed and nine others injured when a bus fell into a river
near Kalikadham village here, police said.
The bus carrying 24 passengers fell into the Varuna
river after hitting the railing along the river, District
Collector Ravindra said.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati has announced an
ex-gratia of Rs one lakh to the kin of each of those killed.
She also announced free treatment for the injured in
All the injured have been admitted to a hospital and
the condition of four patients is critical, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested