Bus plunges into river in UP’s Varanasi district; 10 killed
Varanasi: As many as 14 people were on Saturday
killed and nine others injured when a bus fell into a river
near Kalikadham village here, police said.
The bus carrying 24 passengers fell into the Varuna
river after hitting the railing along the river, District
Collector Ravindra said.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati has announced an
ex-gratia of Rs one lakh to the kin of each of those killed.
She also announced free treatment for the injured in
All the injured have been admitted to a hospital and
the condition of four patients is critical, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video