Bus plunges into river in UP’s Varanasi district; 10 killed
Varanasi: As many as 14 people were on Saturday
killed and nine others injured when a bus fell into a river
near Kalikadham village here, police said.
The bus carrying 24 passengers fell into the Varuna
river after hitting the railing along the river, District
Collector Ravindra said.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati has announced an
ex-gratia of Rs one lakh to the kin of each of those killed.
She also announced free treatment for the injured in
All the injured have been admitted to a hospital and
the condition of four patients is critical, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video