Canadian PM Stephen Harper visit Taj Mahal
Agra: "It`s really a gift of beauty for all humanity," said Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper as he visited the Taj Mahal, walking hand in hand with his wife Laureen, marvelling at the 17th century Mughal monument of love.
"It really is something, you have to see it to believe it," Harper, who is on a six-day visit of India, said after spending nearly an hour at the monument. He went on to add, "It`s really a gift of beauty for all humanity."
Harper and Laureen posed several questions to guides Shamshuddin and Lalit Chawla who accompanied the couple. The guides later said the dignitaries thoroughly enjoyed their trip here.
The visitors were told that the marble for the monument was brought from Makrana in Rajasthan.
"This has been a real treat for Laureen and me," he wrote in the Visitors` Book. It was wonderful to see such a monument of love for a queen, he said.
Later, in a lighter vein, he said, "My wife has tastes a little more modes and she also wants them while she`s still young.
Harper will be holding talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in Delhi on a range of issues covering cooperation in infrastructure, food security, oil and gas, educational services and other areas.
He will also visit to Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL