Canadian PM Stephen Harper visit Taj Mahal
Agra: "It`s really a gift of beauty for all humanity," said Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper as he visited the Taj Mahal, walking hand in hand with his wife Laureen, marvelling at the 17th century Mughal monument of love.
"It really is something, you have to see it to believe it," Harper, who is on a six-day visit of India, said after spending nearly an hour at the monument. He went on to add, "It`s really a gift of beauty for all humanity."
Harper and Laureen posed several questions to guides Shamshuddin and Lalit Chawla who accompanied the couple. The guides later said the dignitaries thoroughly enjoyed their trip here.
The visitors were told that the marble for the monument was brought from Makrana in Rajasthan.
"This has been a real treat for Laureen and me," he wrote in the Visitors` Book. It was wonderful to see such a monument of love for a queen, he said.
Later, in a lighter vein, he said, "My wife has tastes a little more modes and she also wants them while she`s still young.
Harper will be holding talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in Delhi on a range of issues covering cooperation in infrastructure, food security, oil and gas, educational services and other areas.
He will also visit to Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands