Case lodged against BJP MLA, two others for beating SP worker
Kaushambi: An FIR has been lodged against a BJP MLA in Uttar Pradesh and his two associates for allegedly beating a Samajwadi Party worker here, police said.
The case was lodged yesterday against Sirathu MLA Keshav Prasad Maurya and his associates Ravi Keswani and Brijesh for thrashing former district unit president of SP Yuvjan Sabha Sharad Yadav during a bidding process in the health department in the collectorate office compound on March 23, they said.
According to police, during a tender process in the health department on March 23, two groups comprising Yadav and Keswani had clashed over tearing of tender forms after which an FIR was lodged against Yadav on the complaint of Keswani.
Yadav got a case registered yesterday against the BJP MLA alleging that he along with his associates, Keswani and Brijesh, had beaten him up and looted Rs 8500 from him, they said.
A complaint had been received against the MLA and investigations were on after lodging the case, Superintendent of Police, Shiv Shankar Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites