Case lodged against BJP MLA, two others for beating SP worker
Kaushambi: An FIR has been lodged against a BJP MLA in Uttar Pradesh and his two associates for allegedly beating a Samajwadi Party worker here, police said.
The case was lodged yesterday against Sirathu MLA Keshav Prasad Maurya and his associates Ravi Keswani and Brijesh for thrashing former district unit president of SP Yuvjan Sabha Sharad Yadav during a bidding process in the health department in the collectorate office compound on March 23, they said.
According to police, during a tender process in the health department on March 23, two groups comprising Yadav and Keswani had clashed over tearing of tender forms after which an FIR was lodged against Yadav on the complaint of Keswani.
Yadav got a case registered yesterday against the BJP MLA alleging that he along with his associates, Keswani and Brijesh, had beaten him up and looted Rs 8500 from him, they said.
A complaint had been received against the MLA and investigations were on after lodging the case, Superintendent of Police, Shiv Shankar Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’