Charge sheet against 7 SP leaders in arson case
Mainpuri (UP): A charge sheet has been filed against seven Samajwadi Party leaders, including a sitting MP, in connection with a year-old arson case in the city.
Taking cognisance of the charge sheet filed yesterday,
Chief Judicial Magistrate Suresh Chandra Arya issued summons
to the seven politicians, including MP Dharmendra Yadav and
MLC Avadhesh Yadav, directing them to appear before the court
on October 28.
Dharmendra is SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav`s nephew.
According to police, during an agitation on January 9,
2008, SP workers blocked roads and torched a jeep of land
consolidation department in the city.
The then station house officer of Kotwali police station
Daya Shanker Singh had lodged an FIR against 13 persons
including Dharmendra, MLC Avadhesh Yadav, ex-MLA Manik Chand
Yadav, former district chief Deep Singh Pal, Shyam Baran
Shastri, Satish Yadav and Sunil Yadav, besides 150
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video