Charges framed against Varun in hate speech case
Lucknow: A local court in Pilibhit has
framed charges against BJP MP Varun Gandhi in connection with
the alleged hate speeches made by him during campaigning for
the 2009 Lok Sabha polls.
Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Ajay Krishna, while
hearing the case on Monday, ordered the prosecution to produce
witnesses while fixing July 6 as the next date of hearing.
The charges were framed against Gandhi under various
sections of IPC including 505/2 (inciting communal hatred),
153 (a) (levelling allegations against specific community),
295 (a) (deliberate and malicious act intended to outrage
religious feelings of any class by insulting its religious
Charges were also framed against Gandhi under People`s
An FIR was registered against the BJP MP on March 17,
2009 on the orders of the Election Commission during Lok Sabha
Gandhi surrendered in Pilibhit on March 28, 2009 and
NSA was slapped on him on the next day. He was released on
bail on April 16, 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ayodhya self-defence camp: Azam Khan slams Bajrang Dal, says its polarising society
- Facebook to shut down its desktop ad exchange 'FBX'
- Shutdown over 'sainik colony' affects life in Kashmir
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results declared, check www.tseamcet.in
- Bollywood actress Jacqueline supports UN campaign against illegal wildlife trade