Chota Rajan aide held in Lucknow
Lucknow: A close associate of underworld
don Chota Rajan who was on the run for some time was on Saturday
arrested from near the Charbagh Railway station here.
Mohd Aslam was apprehended by a joint team of UP ATS
and Mumbai Police from outside the railway reservation centre
along with a mobile phone, rail tickets and cash, police said.
Mohd Aslam alias Sheru alias Kashmiri alias Mukhtarul
Haq was accused in over two dozen crimes, including murder, in
Mumbai, they said.
During interrogation, Mohd Aslam -- born in Hyderabad
and later shifted to Mumbai during childhood days where his
father had a bicycle shop in Nagpada -- said he took to crime
by killing Ashraf, sharp shooter of Dawood Ibrahim in 1983 in
broad day light at Nagpada chowk to avenge the murder of his
bother in 1980 by Dawood`s men.
In 1985, Mohd Aslam killed the brother-in-law of Noora
Ibrahim, Dawood`s brother, in his office in Dogri police
station area and later formed his own gang and joined hands
with Chota Rajan, police said.
About two months ago he fled Mumbai after being made
accused in two attempt to murder cases, they said, adding
since then he was moving about in Delhi, Gujarat, Hyderabad,
Ajmer and along the Nepal border in Uttar Pradesh to look for
men and place to make base.
He had come to Lucknow a couple of days ago where
Chota Rajan`s men were to contact him, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing