Clash breaks out over gambling in Aligarh
Aligarh: A clash broke out between two communities due to a minor tiff over gambling in Turkman gate area here, leaving at least six persons injured, police said on Wednesday.
Two persons belonging to different communities had a dispute during their gambling game after which members of one of the communities staged a protest late last night, they said.
The issue took a serious turn when members of both the communities indulged in brick batting for half an hour, in which at least six persons were injured, police said.
Senior district officials rushed to the spot and managed to defuse the situation.
"An FIR has been lodged against both the parties and we are not taking the incident lightly. It is being investigated as to how the crowd suddenly rushed to the spot within a short time and tried to stoke violence. We will take action once our investigations are over," said police spokesperson Vinod Payal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city