Clash breaks out over gambling in Aligarh
Aligarh: A clash broke out between two communities due to a minor tiff over gambling in Turkman gate area here, leaving at least six persons injured, police said on Wednesday.
Two persons belonging to different communities had a dispute during their gambling game after which members of one of the communities staged a protest late last night, they said.
The issue took a serious turn when members of both the communities indulged in brick batting for half an hour, in which at least six persons were injured, police said.
Senior district officials rushed to the spot and managed to defuse the situation.
"An FIR has been lodged against both the parties and we are not taking the incident lightly. It is being investigated as to how the crowd suddenly rushed to the spot within a short time and tried to stoke violence. We will take action once our investigations are over," said police spokesperson Vinod Payal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state