Clash breaks out over gambling in Aligarh
Aligarh: A clash broke out between two communities due to a minor tiff over gambling in Turkman gate area here, leaving at least six persons injured, police said on Wednesday.
Two persons belonging to different communities had a dispute during their gambling game after which members of one of the communities staged a protest late last night, they said.
The issue took a serious turn when members of both the communities indulged in brick batting for half an hour, in which at least six persons were injured, police said.
Senior district officials rushed to the spot and managed to defuse the situation.
"An FIR has been lodged against both the parties and we are not taking the incident lightly. It is being investigated as to how the crowd suddenly rushed to the spot within a short time and tried to stoke violence. We will take action once our investigations are over," said police spokesperson Vinod Payal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'