Cold conditions intensify in UP, claim 23 more lives
Lucknow: With the mercury dipping further
in Uttar Pradesh, at least 23 persons were killed in cold and
fog related incidents in the state since last evening taking
the death toll to 379 this winter, official sources said here
Four persons each were killed in Fatehpur and Jaunpur
districts, three deaths were reported from Siddharth Nagar and
one each from Maharajganj, Aligarh, Hamirpur, Amethi and
Sultanpur, they said.
Dense fog resulted in road accidents at a number of
places in the state, police sources said.
While five persons were killed in Sitapur district when a
bus rammed into a tree due to dense fog, two more were killed
in Lucknow after a jeep slammed into a tree due to poor
visbility this morning, they said.
Orai, which recorded a minimum temperature of 5 degrees
Celsius was the coldest place in the state, followed by
Hamirpur, where mercury level dipped to 5.2 degrees C, Met
department officials said here.
While the maximum day temperature in Agra was 19.4 degrees
C, three degrees below normal, Lucknow recorded a maximum
temperature of 13.4 degrees C, which was ten notches below
normal, they said.
In Kanpur the maximum temperature was 12.1 degrees C,
which was 11 degrees below normal.
Similarly, Gorakhpur recorded a maximum of 13.5 degrees
C during the day, which was 10 degrees below normal.
Varanasi recorded a maximum of 16.2 degrees C, seven
notches below normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez