Cold conditions intensify in UP, claim 23 more lives
Lucknow: With the mercury dipping further
in Uttar Pradesh, at least 23 persons were killed in cold and
fog related incidents in the state since last evening taking
the death toll to 379 this winter, official sources said here
Four persons each were killed in Fatehpur and Jaunpur
districts, three deaths were reported from Siddharth Nagar and
one each from Maharajganj, Aligarh, Hamirpur, Amethi and
Sultanpur, they said.
Dense fog resulted in road accidents at a number of
places in the state, police sources said.
While five persons were killed in Sitapur district when a
bus rammed into a tree due to dense fog, two more were killed
in Lucknow after a jeep slammed into a tree due to poor
visbility this morning, they said.
Orai, which recorded a minimum temperature of 5 degrees
Celsius was the coldest place in the state, followed by
Hamirpur, where mercury level dipped to 5.2 degrees C, Met
department officials said here.
While the maximum day temperature in Agra was 19.4 degrees
C, three degrees below normal, Lucknow recorded a maximum
temperature of 13.4 degrees C, which was ten notches below
normal, they said.
In Kanpur the maximum temperature was 12.1 degrees C,
which was 11 degrees below normal.
Similarly, Gorakhpur recorded a maximum of 13.5 degrees
C during the day, which was 10 degrees below normal.
Varanasi recorded a maximum of 16.2 degrees C, seven
notches below normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!