Cold conditions intensify in UP, claim 23 more lives
Lucknow: With the mercury dipping further
in Uttar Pradesh, at least 23 persons were killed in cold and
fog related incidents in the state since last evening taking
the death toll to 379 this winter, official sources said here
Four persons each were killed in Fatehpur and Jaunpur
districts, three deaths were reported from Siddharth Nagar and
one each from Maharajganj, Aligarh, Hamirpur, Amethi and
Sultanpur, they said.
Dense fog resulted in road accidents at a number of
places in the state, police sources said.
While five persons were killed in Sitapur district when a
bus rammed into a tree due to dense fog, two more were killed
in Lucknow after a jeep slammed into a tree due to poor
visbility this morning, they said.
Orai, which recorded a minimum temperature of 5 degrees
Celsius was the coldest place in the state, followed by
Hamirpur, where mercury level dipped to 5.2 degrees C, Met
department officials said here.
While the maximum day temperature in Agra was 19.4 degrees
C, three degrees below normal, Lucknow recorded a maximum
temperature of 13.4 degrees C, which was ten notches below
normal, they said.
In Kanpur the maximum temperature was 12.1 degrees C,
which was 11 degrees below normal.
Similarly, Gorakhpur recorded a maximum of 13.5 degrees
C during the day, which was 10 degrees below normal.
Varanasi recorded a maximum of 16.2 degrees C, seven
notches below normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok