College girl dies after being gang-raped, set on fire in UP
Zee Media Bureau
Etawah: In a shocker from Uttar Pradesh, a college student has died after allegedly being gang-raped and set on fire in Etawah district, from where Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav was elected to the Lok Sabha.
Reports said the girl was gang-raped by men known to her. She was admitted to a hospital in Saifai with serious burn injuries and lost the battle for life this morning.
As per the police, the incident happened on Tuesday evening when a young man known to the girl invited her to his home. Four other men were waiting at the house when the victim arrived.
The accused allegedly set her on fire using kerosene when the girl resisted and threatened to report the matter to the police.
The police had earlier registered a case of rape and attempt to murder but have not been able to make any arrests so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly