College girl dies after being gang-raped, set on fire in UP
Zee Media Bureau
Etawah: In a shocker from Uttar Pradesh, a college student has died after allegedly being gang-raped and set on fire in Etawah district, from where Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav was elected to the Lok Sabha.
Reports said the girl was gang-raped by men known to her. She was admitted to a hospital in Saifai with serious burn injuries and lost the battle for life this morning.
As per the police, the incident happened on Tuesday evening when a young man known to the girl invited her to his home. Four other men were waiting at the house when the victim arrived.
The accused allegedly set her on fire using kerosene when the girl resisted and threatened to report the matter to the police.
The police had earlier registered a case of rape and attempt to murder but have not been able to make any arrests so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog