College girl dies after being gang-raped, set on fire in UP
Zee Media Bureau
Etawah: In a shocker from Uttar Pradesh, a college student has died after allegedly being gang-raped and set on fire in Etawah district, from where Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav was elected to the Lok Sabha.
Reports said the girl was gang-raped by men known to her. She was admitted to a hospital in Saifai with serious burn injuries and lost the battle for life this morning.
As per the police, the incident happened on Tuesday evening when a young man known to the girl invited her to his home. Four other men were waiting at the house when the victim arrived.
The accused allegedly set her on fire using kerosene when the girl resisted and threatened to report the matter to the police.
The police had earlier registered a case of rape and attempt to murder but have not been able to make any arrests so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections