College girl dies after being gang-raped, set on fire in UP
Zee Media Bureau
Etawah: In a shocker from Uttar Pradesh, a college student has died after allegedly being gang-raped and set on fire in Etawah district, from where Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav was elected to the Lok Sabha.
Reports said the girl was gang-raped by men known to her. She was admitted to a hospital in Saifai with serious burn injuries and lost the battle for life this morning.
As per the police, the incident happened on Tuesday evening when a young man known to the girl invited her to his home. Four other men were waiting at the house when the victim arrived.
The accused allegedly set her on fire using kerosene when the girl resisted and threatened to report the matter to the police.
The police had earlier registered a case of rape and attempt to murder but have not been able to make any arrests so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- US Open 2016, Men's Singles Preview: Man of the moment Andy Murray poised for greater things
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- With an eye on Pak-sponsored terror, Parrikar to seek predator drone tech during US visit
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij donates Rs 50 lakh to private games tournament organised by Dera Sacha Sauda, kicks up row