Conduct CB-CID inquiry in student`s death case, UP govt told
Kanpur: The district administration has
recommended to the Uttar Pradesh government that a CB-CID
inquiry be initiated into the alleged sexual assault case of a
school girl here, official sources said today.
Kanpur Police and the district administration have
recommended to the State Home Secretary that an inquiry be
conducted by the CB-CID or any other investigating agency,
District Official Mukesh Meshram said.
On September 27, a 12-year-old girl student was
allegedly sexually assaulted at Bharatiya Gyan Sthali School.
The girl was sent back home along with two maids and her
mother was informed at her work place, according to the
The victim was admitted to a hospital where she died
the same day. 11 staff members, including the principal, had
been taken into custody in this connection.
The school`s Manager Chanderpal Verma and his sons
Mukesh and Piyush were arrested under IPC section 109
(punishment for abetment) and 304 (A) (causing death by
The police recently claimed to have arrested the
culprit in the case by arresting her neighbour Munna, a theory
dismissed by the victim`s family.
Police further claimed that the accused confessed to
have "raped" the girl on September 20 at his house, though the
post mortem report had earlier said the victim died due to
excessive bleeding after unnatural sex.
However, the victim`s family raised questions over
this theory as the girl died on September 27, a week after the
alleged incident according to police.
Several political leaders and social activists have
raised questions about the police theory and demanded an
inquiry into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'