Conduct CB-CID inquiry in student`s death case, UP govt told
Kanpur: The district administration has
recommended to the Uttar Pradesh government that a CB-CID
inquiry be initiated into the alleged sexual assault case of a
school girl here, official sources said today.
Kanpur Police and the district administration have
recommended to the State Home Secretary that an inquiry be
conducted by the CB-CID or any other investigating agency,
District Official Mukesh Meshram said.
On September 27, a 12-year-old girl student was
allegedly sexually assaulted at Bharatiya Gyan Sthali School.
The girl was sent back home along with two maids and her
mother was informed at her work place, according to the
The victim was admitted to a hospital where she died
the same day. 11 staff members, including the principal, had
been taken into custody in this connection.
The school`s Manager Chanderpal Verma and his sons
Mukesh and Piyush were arrested under IPC section 109
(punishment for abetment) and 304 (A) (causing death by
The police recently claimed to have arrested the
culprit in the case by arresting her neighbour Munna, a theory
dismissed by the victim`s family.
Police further claimed that the accused confessed to
have "raped" the girl on September 20 at his house, though the
post mortem report had earlier said the victim died due to
excessive bleeding after unnatural sex.
However, the victim`s family raised questions over
this theory as the girl died on September 27, a week after the
alleged incident according to police.
Several political leaders and social activists have
raised questions about the police theory and demanded an
inquiry into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video