Cong trying to divide Muslims on quota issue: Maya
Ballia/Ghazipur: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati on Wednesday charged the Congress with hatching a conspiracy
to divide the Muslim community in the name of reservation.
Addressing election meetings, the BSP supremo attacked
Congress, saying it has never been the well-wisher of Muslims
and is, therefore, trying to "instigate and misguide" them on
the issue of reservation.
"In reality, Congress is trying to use Muslims as vote
bank," she said, charging the party with pursuing divide and
rule policy and discriminating against all sections of the
She said BSP was in favour of reservation to Muslims on
the basis of their economic condition and had initiated
several schemes for their welfare. Similarly, the BSP has
started schemes for the poor among upper castes, she said.
Lashing out at the Centre, she said though it did not
provide package to Uttar Pradesh, it gave special package to
Branding Congress as an "anti-development and
pro-corruption" party, Mayawati told the voters that she had
fielded people with clean image while showing the door to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!