Congress defeat due to ignoring common man issues: Azam Khan
Rampur: Congress suffered a rout in the assembly elections as the party had become a "puppet" in the hands of corporates ignoring the issues of common man, SP leader Azam Khan said.
"Congress tasted the defeat as it had become a puppet in the hands of capitalists and neglected the common man. They served the interests of corporates instead of providing light, water and road to people," Uttar Pradesh`s Urban Development Minister told media last evening.
"Jaisa boya, vaisa kata (they reaped what they had sown)," he said.
He also hit out at Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi for the party`s defeat in elections.
Criticising Gandhi for publicly denouncing ordinance on convicted lawmakers and his remarks that it should be "torn and thrown out", Khan said such acts weaken a party.
On AAP`s victory in Delhi polls, he said "the way Delhi electorate supported a new entrant AAP in political arena, a message has emerged in very clear terms that by the end of 2014 General Elections Third front would come into existence and hold the reins of power."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- 'Sultan's sherni Anushka Sharma heads to Patiala for 'Phillauri' shoot! – View pic
- Good rains to damp agricultural inflation, support Aug 9 RBI rate cut: BofA
- French Open: Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair advance to second round
- Nextbit Robin launched in India at Rs 19,999; comes with 100GB cloud storage
- Faint-hearted? Don't watch this spine-chilling road accident video