Congress defeat due to ignoring common man issues: Azam Khan
Rampur: Congress suffered a rout in the assembly elections as the party had become a "puppet" in the hands of corporates ignoring the issues of common man, SP leader Azam Khan said.
"Congress tasted the defeat as it had become a puppet in the hands of capitalists and neglected the common man. They served the interests of corporates instead of providing light, water and road to people," Uttar Pradesh`s Urban Development Minister told media last evening.
"Jaisa boya, vaisa kata (they reaped what they had sown)," he said.
He also hit out at Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi for the party`s defeat in elections.
Criticising Gandhi for publicly denouncing ordinance on convicted lawmakers and his remarks that it should be "torn and thrown out", Khan said such acts weaken a party.
On AAP`s victory in Delhi polls, he said "the way Delhi electorate supported a new entrant AAP in political arena, a message has emerged in very clear terms that by the end of 2014 General Elections Third front would come into existence and hold the reins of power."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress