Congress defeat due to ignoring common man issues: Azam Khan
Rampur: Congress suffered a rout in the assembly elections as the party had become a "puppet" in the hands of corporates ignoring the issues of common man, SP leader Azam Khan said.
"Congress tasted the defeat as it had become a puppet in the hands of capitalists and neglected the common man. They served the interests of corporates instead of providing light, water and road to people," Uttar Pradesh`s Urban Development Minister told media last evening.
"Jaisa boya, vaisa kata (they reaped what they had sown)," he said.
He also hit out at Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi for the party`s defeat in elections.
Criticising Gandhi for publicly denouncing ordinance on convicted lawmakers and his remarks that it should be "torn and thrown out", Khan said such acts weaken a party.
On AAP`s victory in Delhi polls, he said "the way Delhi electorate supported a new entrant AAP in political arena, a message has emerged in very clear terms that by the end of 2014 General Elections Third front would come into existence and hold the reins of power."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?