`Congress has nothing to do with decision to ban VHP yatra`
Etah (UP): Union Minister Salman Khurshid on Sunday said that the decision to ban VHP`s 84 Kosi yatra has been taken by the Samajwadi Party government of Uttar Pradesh and Congress had nothing to do with it.
"Congress has no hand in putting brakes on VHP`s parikrama programme and the Samajwadi Party government has imposed a ban on it", Khurshid said here.
"Though everyone has the right to follow the traditions of their respective religions and governments should respect them, we are opposed to religion being turned into politics and made its tool," he said.
To a question, he said that though the Congress wants Rahul Gandhi to become the prime minister of the country, the last decision in this regard has to be taken by the party vice president himself.
When questioned on continued violation of ceasefire by Pakistan on the borders, the Union External Affairs Minister said Indian soldiers were giving a befitting reply to it to underline that we are not weak and are firm on the issue of security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader