Couple commits suicide in guest house in Jodhpur
Jodhpur: A couple, who had eloped from Meerut
in Uttar Pradesh and was staying in a guest here, today
allegedly committed suicide by consuming sulfas pills.
The duo, identified as Vigyan Tyagi and Renu Mittal, were
staying in Kuchaman Haveli guest house in the walled city
since March 11, SHO (Sadar Bazar PS) Gajendra Singh said.
The guest house staff this afternoon found them vomiting
in their room and rushed them to MG Hospital, where they died
during treatment, he said.
According to preliminary investigation, Vigyan was already
married and was into extra-marital relationship with Renu.
They had eloped from Shravan Khurd of Meerut and the girl`s
parents had even lodged an FIR in this regard.
Two separate suicide notes, addressed to police and family
members, were found in their room, in which they said that
"they are taking this extreme step on their own will as they
regret their decision and have no courage to face their family
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore