CPI(M) leader against privatisation of UP govt hospitals
Kanpur: A senior CPI-M leader Tuesday alleged
that the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to privatise
state-run hospitals in four districts and threatened that a
mass agitation would be launched soon against the decision.
Former CPI-M MP Subhashini Ali said that four district
hospitals, 8 sub-district hospitals, 8 community health sub-
centres, 23 primary health centres and 210 sub-health centre
in Kanpur, Allahabad, Firozabad and Basti would be privatised.
Ali said a people`s struggle committee has been set up to
spearhead the agitation against the decision to hand over
these hospitals to Apollo and Fortis under Public Private
She alleged that the government was befooling the common
and underprivileged people by handing over health services to
private hands and depriving them of healthcare benefits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH