CPI(M) leader against privatisation of UP govt hospitals
Kanpur: A senior CPI-M leader Tuesday alleged
that the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to privatise
state-run hospitals in four districts and threatened that a
mass agitation would be launched soon against the decision.
Former CPI-M MP Subhashini Ali said that four district
hospitals, 8 sub-district hospitals, 8 community health sub-
centres, 23 primary health centres and 210 sub-health centre
in Kanpur, Allahabad, Firozabad and Basti would be privatised.
Ali said a people`s struggle committee has been set up to
spearhead the agitation against the decision to hand over
these hospitals to Apollo and Fortis under Public Private
She alleged that the government was befooling the common
and underprivileged people by handing over health services to
private hands and depriving them of healthcare benefits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube