CRPF trooper cremated near Allahabad
Allahabad: The cremation of a constable of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), in whose body Maoists had surgically inserted an IED, took place near Allahabad late on Friday evening.
Constable Babulal Patel was cremated at his village Malak Balau near Allahabad.
The cremation was attended by a large crowd, including people from adjoining villages.
Constable Patel’s body was brought to Allahabad by CRPF officials by air and then taken to his house by road, reaching Malak Balau in the afternoon.
Patel, 29, is survived by his father Munni Lal, mother Jagpati Devi and pregnant wife Rekha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray