CRPF trooper cremated near Allahabad
Allahabad: The cremation of a constable of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), in whose body Maoists had surgically inserted an IED, took place near Allahabad late on Friday evening.
Constable Babulal Patel was cremated at his village Malak Balau near Allahabad.
The cremation was attended by a large crowd, including people from adjoining villages.
Constable Patel’s body was brought to Allahabad by CRPF officials by air and then taken to his house by road, reaching Malak Balau in the afternoon.
Patel, 29, is survived by his father Munni Lal, mother Jagpati Devi and pregnant wife Rekha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love