CRPF trooper cremated near Allahabad
Allahabad: The cremation of a constable of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), in whose body Maoists had surgically inserted an IED, took place near Allahabad late on Friday evening.
Constable Babulal Patel was cremated at his village Malak Balau near Allahabad.
The cremation was attended by a large crowd, including people from adjoining villages.
Constable Patel’s body was brought to Allahabad by CRPF officials by air and then taken to his house by road, reaching Malak Balau in the afternoon.
Patel, 29, is survived by his father Munni Lal, mother Jagpati Devi and pregnant wife Rekha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'