CRPF trooper cremated near Allahabad
Allahabad: The cremation of a constable of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), in whose body Maoists had surgically inserted an IED, took place near Allahabad late on Friday evening.
Constable Babulal Patel was cremated at his village Malak Balau near Allahabad.
The cremation was attended by a large crowd, including people from adjoining villages.
Constable Patel’s body was brought to Allahabad by CRPF officials by air and then taken to his house by road, reaching Malak Balau in the afternoon.
Patel, 29, is survived by his father Munni Lal, mother Jagpati Devi and pregnant wife Rekha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future