"Dead" girl found alive in Gautam Buddha Nagar
Lucknow: A minor girl, believed to have been
killed last month, was found alive today in Uttar Pradesh`s
Gautam Buddha Nagar district.
Rajni and her lover were traced near the DND flyover in
Noida, Uttar Pradesh Additional Director General of Police
Brij Lal told reporters here.
Rajni, a resident of Gautam Buddha Nagar, was enticed by
two youths, Dinesh and Manveer, and taken to Baghpat district,
Dinesh was arrested on April 23, the ADGP said adding
the next day, body of a girl was found in a pit in Kudhi
village in Meerut district.
The body was identified as that of Rajni by her family
members, he said.
However, during investigations police found that the
body was that of Manju Rani who went missing from Ghaziabad`s
Sikri village on April 13, the ADGP said.
"A ring on which Manju was engraved was found on a
finger of the dead girl," he said.
Rajni and her lover Manveer were found near the DND
Rajni had been sent for medical examination and
Manveer detained for questioning, Lal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!