DMs, SSPs to be held responsible for communal riots: UP govt
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Saturday said the district magistrates and district police chiefs will be held responsible for any communal riots under their respective jurisdiction and strict action would be taken against such officers.
Directives have been issue that if there is any communal incident or riot in any district, strictest of actions will be taken against the district magistrates, SSPs or SPs concerned, a home department spokesman here said.
The state government which completed its first year in office yesterday has been under attack from the opposition parties for about a dozen cases of riots reported in different parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015