DMs, SSPs to be held responsible for communal riots: UP govt
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Saturday said the district magistrates and district police chiefs will be held responsible for any communal riots under their respective jurisdiction and strict action would be taken against such officers.
Directives have been issue that if there is any communal incident or riot in any district, strictest of actions will be taken against the district magistrates, SSPs or SPs concerned, a home department spokesman here said.
The state government which completed its first year in office yesterday has been under attack from the opposition parties for about a dozen cases of riots reported in different parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah