DMs, SSPs to be held responsible for communal riots: UP govt
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Saturday said the district magistrates and district police chiefs will be held responsible for any communal riots under their respective jurisdiction and strict action would be taken against such officers.
Directives have been issue that if there is any communal incident or riot in any district, strictest of actions will be taken against the district magistrates, SSPs or SPs concerned, a home department spokesman here said.
The state government which completed its first year in office yesterday has been under attack from the opposition parties for about a dozen cases of riots reported in different parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state