DMs, SSPs to be held responsible for communal riots: UP govt
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Saturday said the district magistrates and district police chiefs will be held responsible for any communal riots under their respective jurisdiction and strict action would be taken against such officers.
Directives have been issue that if there is any communal incident or riot in any district, strictest of actions will be taken against the district magistrates, SSPs or SPs concerned, a home department spokesman here said.
The state government which completed its first year in office yesterday has been under attack from the opposition parties for about a dozen cases of riots reported in different parts of the state.
- Summer special: Beat the heat, head to Ooty - In pics
- 'Good monsoon, consumer spending to see India GDP grow at 7.4% in FY17'
- Akshay Kumar escapes scorching Mumbai heat with his ‘partner in crime’ – Here’s how
- Uttarakhand forest fire under control, no death so far: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump's presidency will 'lead to another 9/11': South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham