Drunken youths run over Noida cop for revenge
Noida: Noida Police has arrested the six persons, who knocked off a police sub-inspector and crushed him under the wheels of their Maruti car in a barbaric act of revenge.
The sub-inspector John Peter had caught them for drunk driving following which they were arrested.
After being released on bail, they went back to the place where Peter was stationed and mowed him because he had challenged them for driving under the influence of alcohol.
The arrested youths have been booked under the serious charges of attempt to murder of a public servant and gangster act.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Noida A K Singh said, "The cop was checking vehicles as part of a routine exercise with his colleagues. The culprits were stopped and were asked to produce documents. They got down from the car and misbehaved with him."
"When he retaliated, they got into the car, hit his bike and mowed him down. The cop has sustained multiple fractures in his thighs and one arm. The miscreants had just been released on bail in a criminal case," added Singh.
The condition of the sub-inspector, who has been admitted at a hospital in Greater Noida is said to be critical, but stable.
The victim`s daughter said, "He was on his way to work and some people overtook his vehicle rashly. They returned and rammed him from the side. He fell on the road and then they drove over him. His legs are badly fractured and his arm is broken as well."
"He is currently in the ICU. We have come from outside and are appalled at what is happening. We are not safe anywhere," she added.
There are reports that most of the accused hail from reputed families of Haryana and had come to Noida to attend a marriage ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony