Drunken youths run over Noida cop for revenge
Noida: Noida Police has arrested the six persons, who knocked off a police sub-inspector and crushed him under the wheels of their Maruti car in a barbaric act of revenge.
The sub-inspector John Peter had caught them for drunk driving following which they were arrested.
After being released on bail, they went back to the place where Peter was stationed and mowed him because he had challenged them for driving under the influence of alcohol.
The arrested youths have been booked under the serious charges of attempt to murder of a public servant and gangster act.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Noida A K Singh said, "The cop was checking vehicles as part of a routine exercise with his colleagues. The culprits were stopped and were asked to produce documents. They got down from the car and misbehaved with him."
"When he retaliated, they got into the car, hit his bike and mowed him down. The cop has sustained multiple fractures in his thighs and one arm. The miscreants had just been released on bail in a criminal case," added Singh.
The condition of the sub-inspector, who has been admitted at a hospital in Greater Noida is said to be critical, but stable.
The victim`s daughter said, "He was on his way to work and some people overtook his vehicle rashly. They returned and rammed him from the side. He fell on the road and then they drove over him. His legs are badly fractured and his arm is broken as well."
"He is currently in the ICU. We have come from outside and are appalled at what is happening. We are not safe anywhere," she added.
There are reports that most of the accused hail from reputed families of Haryana and had come to Noida to attend a marriage ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi